Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Buenos Dias!

Que tal? I just finished my first week of classes here at UPF and I already know I am going to love these four day weeks! I am very spoiled over here, but I count each day as a blessing.

I had to bust into my peanut butter yesterday. It was a bittersweet moment. The peanut butter was fantastic, but I know it will be gone soon. Life is pretty different over here. I can already feel myself creating new Spanish habits that I will have to readjust once I return home. One of the good ones though that I need to try to keep is the "taking faster showers" one.  Probably a little too much info for everyone, but there you have it. Also, I can feel my English proficiency slipping away trying to learn all of this Spanish, and that is really scaring me! But, despite all of the worries and the roller coaster of emotions, I am getting to live a peaceful life and it is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

I really wish I had brought my painting supplies with me. I would love to just go to a nearby park and paint on Tuesdays because I only have one class. I found a small art store near my apartment, and it would cost about 100 euros for supplies, but I think I am going to try to get some. I don't know, still deciding.

I am also going through withdrawals for American television. Luckily, I have a new show here in Spain that I am obsessed with...all of my friends and loved ones will tell you that because I can;t seem to shut up about it. What can I say, I don't do anything half-heartedly! But, then again, you all already knew that.

So, the latest news is that I have my travel plans mostly figured out. This weekend I am off the Bilbao and San Sebastian, the following weekend I am going to Lisbon, the weekend after that I am going to Carnaval in Sevilla (maybe Cadiz as well) and the weekend after that I am going to Granada!!!!!! I cannot believe I get to do all of this Paz y suerte-peace and luck- the two words that define my Spanish life. March brings another host of surprises...ISA is taking us to Valencia, and then I am off for Spring Break with my friend Lauren to Edinburgh, Dublin, Kilkenny, Liverpool, Stratford, Warwick, and London...ahh!!! It blows my mind! Oh, and of course my MOM is coming to Spain and we are going to spend my 21st birthday at the Alcazar de Segovia!!! So excited, I do not have enough words to convey my happiness!

Right now I have to go, I have to book everything for Spring Break with Lauren then I am off to practice my Spanish with my ISA mentor Jane. I love you all, I am so glad you survived the apocalyptic California weather and I miss you! Hasta luego!

2 comments:

  1. You sound so at peace. I am so thankful that you are having this experience...and oh so happy that I get to come see you. Since I have already been thinking about sending you a little are package - you have kindly told me what be of most value to you. I think I'll send you some of your painting supplies. It would cost less to send them to you and I have the address so I will plant to ship them on Monday. Hopefully, we can talk to you Sunday night when you get home. I think you said it would be late You just need to tell me what to send. I am in San Francisco as I write to you here. I'm leaving to go back hom this afternoon. Love you sweetie. Hope you're off having a fantastic trip this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. justine!

    glad to hear you're doing well! can't wait to talk to you about everything next time i see ya! / didn't know you were into paints? cus of my arch classes i've kinda gotten into them too! it generally takes me a lot of time, but i have fun with it. we should take a painting class or something with sarah baker sometime?! she took me to some nude still life thing. it was... interesting.

    well... keep safe! miss ya!
    mike

    ReplyDelete